The MTCS Assessor Skills online training course is designed to provide experienced and competent offshore personnel with the skills required to assess competence in the work place and become a qualified skills assessor.
This online course adheres to the criteria laid down by IMCA within guidance document (C007).
MTCS (UK) Ltd have been approved as an assessment centre by EAL – the specialist awarding organisation for engineering and manufacturing. Candidates are therefore eligible for internationally recognised external assessment qualifications.
The key benefits of this course include:
- A route to a formal qualification in skills assessment for individuals and company personnel
- The ability for your organisations experienced and competent offshore/onshore personnel to assess workplace competence in line with IMCA C007
- The opportunity for personnel to gain an insight into how competence assessment is implemented offshore
Candidates are required to be occupationally competent in the activities they are required to assess and be working in a Supervisory role.
This may typically include:
- ROV/Diving Supervisors
- Party Chiefs/Senior Grade in a specific survey-related discipline
- Masters/Chief Mate/Chief Engineers
- Offshore Managers
The Online course includes the following modules:
- Assessment Planning
- Collecting & Judging Evidence of Knowledge for uploading to your Online Portfolio
- Collecting & Judging Evidence of Skills for uploading to your Online Portfolio
- Making a Decision
- Providing Feedback
- Assessment Skills
Each section includes some ‘Learning Exercises’ which encourage the Assessor Candidate to reflect on their role as an Assessor. This ensures the training is taking place in the appropriate contextual environment.
Candidates are also required to conduct some assessments in the workplace as part of this online course. The documentary Evidence which contain the assessments must then be uploaded to the Portfolio on MTCS Online for final verification and certificate award.
On successful completion of the course and workplace assessments candidates are eligible for a formal qualification as a Skills Assessor.
The Assessor has a vital role in the implementation of competence and it is strongly recommended that at least one senior member of the offshore team is qualified in this discipline.
£395 + VAT
18 hours plus assessments
Experienced, competent personnel working offshore in supervisory roles
All course fees and certification